For updates on what the two outward-facing Committees of the Council are doing, please click on "About The Council"/"The Council", then scroll down the page to find the latest project lists for both.
COVID-19 Update - every week, we are providing updates from various sources on local services. Use the links on either side of the page to take you directly to them to help keep you in touch.
Also, our news list below only accommodates the latest three announcements, yet there may be more than three in any one day. So you don't miss anything, click on the Latest News header below which will open up the complete list for you to browse through.
Everyone must Stay Home, Save Lives and Protect the NHS
The Government has announced that due to the number of Coronavirus cases rising rapidly across the country we will now have to follow National Lockdown restrictions immediately (from 5 January 2021).
The key new restrictions that we face in a National Lockdown are:
You must stay at home.
We all need to stay at home to save lives and protect the NHS
You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary.
You may only leave home for the following reasons;
- Shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- Go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- Exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day and you should not travel outside your local area
- Meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- Seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- Attend education or childcare – only for those that are eligible
You must not leave or be outside of your home except where you have a 'reasonable excuse'. This will be put in law. The police can take action against you if you leave home without a 'reasonable excuse' and issue you with a fine (Fixed Penalty Notice).
Important guidance on the use of play areas in Colchester
A special report from the Essex Climate Action Commission which may be of interest to Stanway residents. It goes over all things eco happening in our county at the moment, and offers updates on Essex County Council's various environmental projects. It also offers information about possible grants for lower income households
Posted: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 17:26 by David Lines